"Be not an abomination to the Bees and Butterflies and then your garden shall know the enchantment

Monday, March 4, 2013

My Favorite Serious Foodie Endorsements

I'm always on the look out for recipes that incorporate many of the vegetables we grow here at Two Crones Farm.  Now SeriousEats.com has delivered a nice selection to choose from with pictures that will entice you to incorporate more Meatless Monday's into your life.


Time for lunch!


 
Mind you, we're not strictly vegetarian around here but I do try to reduce the amount of meat that we eat on a regular basis.  We stock  pastured beef from True Grass Farm in our freezer, intentionally seeking out local, sustainable producers that we can support with our food dollars.    For poultry we  recommend Happy Hens Farm in Petaluma.  

There is also a great natural food store that we like for our organic bulk grains, nuts, and spices called Harvest House in Concord.  They carry raw milk and a large selection of gluten free items.  The book and supplement selection has a wide selection to choose from.  Flyers announcing classes by Myra Nissen, a local certified classical Homeopath and other health related experts are available.



On the occasions where I have to shop in a grocery market it's a whole day trip experience thing for me.  Berkeley Bowl is my top choice for East Bay day tripping.  The organic produce section alone is as large as most conventional neighborhood markets.  The selection of mushrooms is reason enough to visit.  The Grab-n-Go Café was one of my favorite stops after class at Bauman College of Holistic Nutrition.

 And no foodie I know has missed the opportunity to visit Rainbow Grocery in SF.  Thank goodness my first visit there was with friends that share my obsession with all things food related.  The art murals are really wonderful addition to the shopping experience. 

 
 
Anybody ready for a Foodie Road Trip? 
Next up......Farms of Solano County
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment